Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tried to do the recalibration tonight, but the Pill is dropping out of the RAPT portal almost as soon as I lift it off the charger (approx 10 seconds) (I connect while it's on the wireless charger). This is while the portal on my phone is in calibration mode, and I've done a reboot and also checked for a firmware update (it's up to date). I'll let it charge to full and try again, but think i've managed to junk it. Annoying as it was doing well until i tried the wireless charging.
Yes I would check the battery contacts. If the battery has been taken out and then put back into the cradle its not uncommon for the battery to not be in contact with the terminals correctly when it goes back into the cradle. This is especially the case with the older cradles that were very very tight. they were so tight they could hold the battery tight enough that it would be too high or too low in the cradle and then not touching the terminal. By bending the terminals closer to the battery this would solve the problem.

Normally when checking the voltage of the battery is getting to the PCB we would use a multimeter and use the electrodes on the multimeter and put them on the PCB where it has the + and - terminals marked on the PCB board.

@KegLand-com-au I was hoping to add carb caps or ball lock liquid posts to my cast aluminium plate chiller so I can connect and disconnect Nukatap minis to it. Do you have an FFL to 6mm tube fitting (so the carb cap can push into that fitting)? Like this one that is 8mm tube… or do you have carb caps with an 8mm tube stub? https://www.kegland.com.au/products...le-x-ffl-female-thread-to-fit-mfl-disconnects
That is a good point. This is not something that we stock at the moment. right now your only option is to use the 8mm and then use the reducer.

That is a good point. This is not something that we stock at the moment. right now your only option is to use the 8mm and then use the reducer.
Ok noted. Can the MFL fitting be unthreaded from the cast plate or are they to be considered permanent and cast into the plate?

Received my RAPT fermentation chamber last week and have a few questions.
1. After fermenting a Rum wash at 90F for 4 days I had quite a bit of condensation in the bucket, on the door and rubber gasket, the inside walls and floor. Is this normal?
2. All the documentation I've seen says Top temp is 120F but my interface only goes up to 113F. Is this the top end for temp?
3. On one of Kee's YouTube videos he shows the bottom front cover as being magnetic. I had to remove 4 screws before finding out I could use the magnetic function. Do I just leave the screws out? Guessing they were just for shipping purposes.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1000002362.jpg
    1000002362.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1000002364.jpg
    1000002364.jpg
    900.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1000002363.jpg
    1000002363.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
1. The condensation has everything to do with how much ambient air is getting into the fridge or other sources of moisture. For instance if you have the door open for a while and you start to get condensation on a keg for instance. This condensation will eventually migrate to the cold plate at the back of the RAPT chamber. Once it's on the cold plate it will drip down and then exit via the gutter and into the large collection bin under the floor.
2. I think we might need to amend the documentation. I think the current limit is 45C (113F) at the moment. I think you are correct and on the website we have an error and it says 50C.
3. Yes you leave the screws out. They are just for transport.

1. The condensation has everything to do with how much ambient air is getting into the fridge or other sources of moisture. For instance if you have the door open for a while and you start to get condensation on a keg for instance. This condensation will eventually migrate to the cold plate at the back of the RAPT chamber. Once it's on the cold plate it will drip down and then exit via the gutter and into the large collection bin under the floor.
2. I think we might need to amend the documentation. I think the current limit is 45C (113F) at the moment. I think you are correct and on the website we have an error and it says 50C.
3. Yes you leave the screws out. They are just for transport.
Thank you for the response. I just have one other question.

Is the 6ft extension temperature probe waterproof? I know some people may tape it to the side of a container but could I immerse just the probe itself in a mash/wash/liquid?

Latest posts

Back