Diy Cpbf

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~MikE

lvl 23 Comrade
Reaction score
behold, my DIY counter pressure bottle filler. total price = $18 - less if i realised i could've easily simplified the design.

Just finished bottling my case swap brews, man this thing works perfect. basically it's all garden irrigation fittings/valves and the tubing happened to snuggly fit around my standard beerline (i had to do this as they didn't have the right sized fittings for going straight to the beer line). the seal i found in the bathroom plumbing section of the hardware store.

just thought i'd share.
enjoy!

Excellent Mike, many thanks for sharing. I've seen some much more expensive, fancy- arsed stainless ones, but yours is made from common, garden- variety components and as such far simpler and cheaper to obtain. In fact, I scored a B*nnings mini- water tank, actually for fermenting, and it came with some fittings just like those you have there, so they're surplus at the mo.

What would you change now that you know better though? The outlet from one of the taps might be superfluous perhaps? I'm not actually a kegger, its inevitable that at some point I will though, but I also know a few guys who do. Cheers!

Excellent Mike, many thanks for sharing. I've seen some much more expensive, fancy- arsed stainless ones, but yours is made from common, garden- variety components and as such far simpler and cheaper to obtain. In fact, I scored a B*nnings mini- water tank, actually for fermenting, and it came with some fittings just like those you have there, so they're surplus at the mo.

What would you change now that you know better though? The outlet from one of the taps might be superfluous perhaps? I'm not actually a kegger, its inevitable that at some point I will though, but I also know a few guys who do. Cheers!

Stainless Steel is really only fancy arsed if it is something you don't work with everyday. Brewing to me is all about making use of what you have access to. So in this case Mike has access to poly fittings, quite fancy arsed to me :) Cheap and effective which ever way you look at it. BTW that seal looks familiar. The same plumbing section I must have visited.

Yes my CPBF is Stainless Steel but not fancy arsed :rolleyes:

BYB

EDIT: Nice looking leather seat you have there Mike.

IMGP2297.JPG

Righto, ease up- that was just a shade tongue-in-cheek, mate. Given the choice, who wouldn't wouldn't take a stainless one over plastic?! :rolleyes: Its just that common, garden- variety stuff is just that. For some folks, stainless just ain't!

Righto, ease up- that was just a shade tongue-in-cheek, mate. Given the choice, who wouldn't wouldn't take a stainless one over plastic?! :rolleyes: Its just that common, garden- variety stuff is just that. For some folks, stainless just ain't!

Will be catching up with Mike this Saturday. May have a CPBF fill off and you never know I may be able to convert him :lol:

BYB

Yeah, and maybe after the fill- off, the first one who mutters, "so, does this [plastic/stainless] CPBF- filled bottle taste weird to you?" will get a big smack! With a CPBF!

:icon_cheers:

Ps. Make sure Comrade shows you his shiny new fancy- arsed Schott bottles that are presently en route to him. Could be a struggle to fill one of those with a stainless or a plastic CPBF. Actually, I think you might manage it, they're basically a tough 500ml stubbie with a wider neck and a screw cap.

Will be catching up with Mike this Saturday. May have a CPBF fill off and you never know I may be able to convert him :lol:

BYB
unfortunately i wont be there :( am still swapping though.

Yeah, and maybe after the fill- off, the first one who mutters, "so, does this [plastic/stainless] CPBF- filled bottle taste weird to you?" will get a big smack! With a CPBF!

:icon_cheers:

Ps. Make sure Comrade shows you his shiny new fancy- arsed Schott bottles that are presently en route to him. Could be a struggle to fill one of those with a stainless or a plastic CPBF. Actually, I think you might manage it, they're basically a tough 500ml stubbie with a wider neck and a screw cap.
hehe, i'll probably use them for media, although, pouring off a brewski out of one would make for a good convo piece.

Latest posts

Back