Ph Meter With Temp Adjustment - Anyone Got One?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I feel lame - I am nudging my own thread....

ATC is the only way to go, just remember that they need regular calibration, keep the electrode wet, very salty water can screw them up and all that palaver, importantly the ATC doesn't work outside the stated range. They should come with instructions for grooming and feeding and if you want to get the most out of them they require looking after.

I opted for one (Hanna Instruments) with ATC from -5 to 105oC so it can be used anywhere in the brewhouse.

Good investment.

MHB

ya been using one for at least four years now
these are an absolute bonus for correct brewing proceedure :p

ATC is the only way to go, just remember that they need regular calibration, keep the electrode wet, very salty water can screw them up and all that palaver, importantly the ATC doesn't work outside the stated range. They should come with instructions for grooming and feeding and if you want to get the most out of them they require looking after.

I opted for one (Hanna Instruments) with ATC from -5 to 105oC so it can be used anywhere in the brewhouse.

Good investment.

MHB

where do you get them in australia? how much?

I opted for the Hanna Waterproof model made for brewing, and brought it through Adorable Instruments on US eBay, cots $400 landed, not the cheapest option but good quality and works from the Lager tank to the kettle, good thermometer built in anyway it's all in the link.

Amazon and Hanna won't sell direct to us here in Australia; they direct you to the local distributer, who will rodger you rotten.

MHB

Latest posts

Back