Wyeast Vss Program Wyeast 1469

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gap

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just found out about this release of special yeasts. In the Jan - March quarter they released Wyeast 1469 .
This is supposed to be the Timothy Taylor yeast. Does anybody know if any came to Australia.
I have emailed Wyeast aand they may relesae it again in the future.
i would really like to get hold of some.

Regards

Graeme

Graeme, it definately made it here to Australia. Do a search on Timothy Taylor yeast and that should help.
If you are in Adelaide I could give you a small sample to begin with.

C&B
TDA

IIRC, NNL brewing imported a few.
They may still have some left, if you ask...or may be able to point you at a supplier with stocks.

Beerz
Les

Graeme, it definately made it here to Australia. Do a search on Timothy Taylor yeast and that should help.
If you are in Adelaide I could give you a small sample to begin with.

C&B
TDA

Hello,

I have had no luck .Checked with NNL and they have none .Checked with Wyeast - they may do another release next year. As I dont live in Adelaide I guess I will just have to wait until then. Thank you for the offer.

Regards

Graeme

Keiron (admin) bought a larger pack to culture out.

Just wondering if he can get you a petri or a bottled sample.

An alternative might be Thames Valley (1275) and Brit Ale II (1335) are rippers of ale yeasts, particuarly 1335 - but I am biased by using the stuff heaps by way of being one of the importers! :p

Scotty

Keiron (admin) bought a larger pack to culture out.

Just wondering if he can get you a petri or a bottled sample.

An alternative might be Thames Valley (1275) and Brit Ale II (1335) are rippers of ale yeasts, particuarly 1335 - but I am biased by using the stuff heaps by way of being one of the importers! :p

Scotty
I have a couple of culture tubes with a small amount in them from my participation in this buy. I cannot guarantee how they have survived but you are welcome to try if you want to pay the postage.

It was a cracker of a yeast from memory

I have a couple of culture tubes with a small amount in them from my participation in this buy. I cannot guarantee how they have survived but you are welcome to try if you want to pay the postage.

It was a cracker of a yeast from memory

Hello,

I would be happy to pay the postage . Thanks for the offer

Regards

Graeme

Hey Graeme. Go into your profile and set your location. Not suggesting you include your postal address for AusDB, but suggesting that there are a few people with samples of this yeast in their fridges, and a location would help find the closest.

Hey AusDB. Hope there is still a tube left, as my culture is up to about 4th generation, and I really like that yeast. I missed the original split cos I was in Indonesia.

Hey Graeme. Go into your profile and set your location. Not suggesting you include your postal address for AusDB, but suggesting that there are a few people with samples of this yeast in their fridges, and a location would help find the closest.

Hey AusDB. Hope there is still a tube left, as my culture is up to about 4th generation, and I really like that yeast. I missed the original split cos I was in Indonesia.
Hey GL, Ausdb's brewshop is always open to you! it's where you found those extra super alpha hops.

Just wait till the day I call in my markers :eek:

Latest posts

Back