German Weiss Name - Ww2 German Aircraft

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
I name my beers after WW2 aircraft of the country of origin.

My Pommy Ale is a Spitfire (before i realised there's a pommy beer called that - and it turns out my recipe was pretty close to the original)

My German Pils is the ME109 - fast (to drink) and has a bite!

The B29 Superfortress is malt and hop carpet bombing.

What should my Weiss be called? It's still intense. Not a ladies wheat beer. The ME264 is interesting but a bit too big for a wheat. The Fw Triebflugel looks trippy enough to be associated with a wheat maybe...

FW Ta 154 Moskito. It's light but can sting.

I name my beers after WW2 aircraft of the country of origin.

My Pommy Ale is a Spitfire (before i realised there's a pommy beer called that - and it turns out my recipe was pretty close to the original)

My German Pils is the ME109 - fast (to drink) and has a bite!

The B29 Superfortress is malt and hop carpet bombing.

What should my Weiss be called? It's still intense. Not a ladies wheat beer. The ME264 is interesting but a bit too big for a wheat. The Fw Triebflugel looks trippy enough to be associated with a wheat maybe...

So when are you brewing a belgium? I want to know which one you'll name the Fairey Fox?

Instead of the Spitfire you should call it the Hurricane. Actually more effective, by most accounts.

I suppose an Aussie brew would have to be a Wirraway.

And back on the German front, maybe with Mardi Gras coming up, there's an 'opening' for a hybrid name: how about the Jungmann Focke?

As soon as I read your thread, I immediately thought JU 87.

It just screams Weiss.

"Once the bomb was released it used an automatic pull-up system to ensure that the plane pulled out of the dive even if the pilot blacked out from the high G forces. " :lol:

As soon as I read your thread, I immediately thought JU 87.

It just screams Weiss.

"Once the bomb was released it used an automatic pull-up system to ensure that the plane pulled out of the dive even if the pilot blacked out from the high G forces. " :lol:

That was the Stuka. The Ju 87 was a twin engine bomber

Doodlebug.

(Mainly cos I'm not confident to spell Focke Wulf correctly .. Folke Wulf 190 Weiss ... I like it)

Doodlebug.

(Mainly cos I'm not confident to spell Focke Wulf correctly .. Folke Wulf 190 Weiss ... I like it)

JU87 was the Stuka

JU88 was the twin engine bomber

Check the wikipedia link in post #2 for clarification

Cheers,

microbe

Doodlebug.

I'm a bit of a history buff,especially 1937-1945 German military.So I knew the Sturzkampfflugzeug's designation automatically.

I still think it is great platform for naming a wheat,or any beer.Maybe the JU 88 for a Dunkel Weiss :)

I'm a bit of a history buff,especially 1937-1945 German military.So I knew the Sturzkampfflugzeug's designation automatically.

I still think it is great platform for naming a wheat,or any beer.Maybe the JU 88 for a Dunkel Weiss :)

So no one like the doodlebug ??

FW 190 Focken Good Weiss
.. I like your style Warren !!!!! (wish I had thought of that)

JU87 was the Stuka .. JU88 was the twin engine bomber

Missed it by ... that much !! :D

Fatgodzilla,if you mean the doodlebug as in,Vergeltungswaffe 1.The v1 rockets.

I dont think I've had a weiss that good :p ,not yet anyway ;)

But if ya got a v1,v2 on tap I'm up for it B)

More subtle than that. I made one of these years ago. Not as tough as the 'cool' birds, but elegant nonetheless.

Fieseler Fi 156 Storch - 'Stork'

Fieseler_Fi_156_Storch.jpg

What about Me 163 Komet Weiss?

You only need a way to make it rocket from the bottle. B)

Warren -

How about the Fieseler Fi 103, better known as V-1 or Buzzbomb / Doodlebug. Doodlebug has already been suggested, but I like the sound of Buzzbomb better.

Buzzbomb Weiss

I like the concept. I might have to adopt it and call it my own:

Drunken Bug Brewery presents:

Type 1 Lager - Unoffensive, if not a little quirky
Type 2 Ale - Big, Heavy and Slow
Type 3 Pale Ale - New and improved!
Type 181 German Lager - A little bare, but gets you there in one piece.

Note:
Type 1 == Beetle/Karmann Ghia
Type 2 == Kombi
Type 3 == 1500/Variant (generally just known as Type 3)
Type 181 == Thing (US) / Trekker (UK)

Its got to be Messerschmitt Weiss.....

...."was a single-engined sports and touring aircraft developed by Bayerische"

Hmm a sports and touring beer!!

Its got to be Messerschmitt Weiss.....

...."was a single-engined sports and touring aircraft developed by Bayerische"

Hmm a sports and touring beer!!

But he's already got the BF109, which is probably the Messerschmidt you're referring to. Maybe the Me262 Schwalbe (Swallow).

Latest posts

Back