I'm new to kegging, so I'm not sure if this is a leak...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzfromOz

Reaction score
Hi there!

After ten years of homebrewing, I have finally gotten around to kegging my beer. I have set up a KegLand Pluto gun, which I figured was an easy and cheap step into kegging, and I'm excited to try it out. Yesterday, I set everything up, checked for leaks, and did a test pour. After a bit of adjustment, everything seemed fine, and I was satisfied with the setup.

However, this morning, I noticed a mess on the duotight fitting that connects the beer line and the gun. I assume that this is just some dribble from the Pluto gun's end from yesterday's test pour that worked its way on the outside of the gun down to that part of the line. I checked the inside of the fridge and found no beer spillage.

20240407_081103.jpg20240407_081114.jpg

I'm not sure if the fitting is leaking. If there was a leak, there would be beer all over the fridge and an empty keg, right? I have cleaned the fitting and will check again in a few hours. But before that, I thought I'd ask for some advice here.

Cheers!

Hi there!

After ten years of homebrewing, I have finally gotten around to kegging my beer. I have set up a KegLand Pluto gun, which I figured was an easy and cheap step into kegging, and I'm excited to try it out. Yesterday, I set everything up, checked for leaks, and did a test pour. After a bit of adjustment, everything seemed fine, and I was satisfied with the setup.

However, this morning, I noticed a mess on the duotight fitting that connects the beer line and the gun. I assume that this is just some dribble from the Pluto gun's end from yesterday's test pour that worked its way on the outside of the gun down to that part of the line. I checked the inside of the fridge and found no beer spillage.

View attachment 124332View attachment 124333

I'm not sure if the fitting is leaking. If there was a leak, there would be beer all over the fridge and an empty keg, right? I have cleaned the fitting and will check again in a few hours. But before that, I thought I'd ask for some advice here.

Cheers!
Looks like dribble from gun. If still unsure wrap a bit of cloth around the handle to see if it absorbed any and stop the dribble
Cheers

I would suggest the the connection between the duotight fitting and the gun is incorrect. I don't believe the gun should be connected to the duotight fitting.
Maybe change the beer line to a larger size to match the gun and use an appropriate fitting, clamp to create the correct seal.

Latest posts

Back