Memento For The 2008 Ahb Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crawlees, I was just wondering if you would be interested in a memento for this years' crawl. I was

• Yes I would, but I don't want to spend over $10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I would, but I don't want to spend over $5

• Nah - not interested - cuts into beer spending money

• Total voters

Little_Squares

Reaction score
Crawlees, I was just wondering if you would be interested in a memento for this years' crawl. I was thinking small, like a badge or patch which could be added to your hat/shirt of choice? The badge I've investigated so far is at a cost of $1.00 each - so no big investment there. Patches or lanyards would be more.

whats it going to look like
That's the very same question I was going to ask you later today........

I was thinking it needs to mark the occassion and perhaps have a secondary message. Any ideas?

A patch for the Progressive Zymocenosilicaphobic Support Group shirt?

Beer money may be tight this year for me, but the souvenir is worth "bragging rights" when I wear it to work for Casual Dress days.

Les Zymocenosilicaphobe :lol:

Lol.......I'll look into prices for the patch as well. Apparently cost is based on size and not the detail, but we need to come up with a design first!!

ok I'll put my hand up to do the artwork but need to know what everyone would like for this momento

Franko

I found a place in the US who can do a 3" x 2" embroidered patch for US$3.00. With shipping, this would round out to about $3.50. They said they will put a heat seal thingy on the back so the patch can be ironed on. If we go with a patch, over a badge, we have to make sure the artwork is able to be embroidered (can't be too fiddly).

LS,

I'd go with a pin instead of a patch cause a pin can be stuck on your last crawl shirt or a hat or what ever you want (or like B) )

besides, I don't wanna deface my nice crayl shirt with a patch now do I :D

LS,

I'd go with a pin instead of a patch cause a pin can be stuck on your last crawl shirt or a hat or what ever you want (or like B) )

besides, I don't wanna deface my nice crayl shirt with a patch now do I :D

Unfortunately pins are even more expensive due to the min qty needed. They're die cut so there's huge set up fees. Our only other option is a round badge.

Anyone else got any ideas?

How about a pill holder for some panadol and berroca's for the next day :D

Unfortunately pins are even more expensive due to the min qty needed. They're die cut so there's huge set up fees. Our only other option is a round badge.

Anyone else got any ideas?

If I was going i'd be very pleased to be presented a nice beer glass at the beginning of the crawl...I would be very pleased if at the end of the evening I could proudly display it in my shed/brewery/garage thats if it hasnt been lost, stolen, broken, forgotten on a train etc etc. It doesnt have to be a fancy engraved job - just a glass with a heat sealed logo on it. Either that or a round badge to put on your hat and collect them over the years.
Cheers
Steve

P.S. Sometimes I do wish I lived in Sydney.

If I was going i'd be very pleased to be presented a nice beer glass at the beginning of the crawl...I would be very pleased if at the end of the evening I could proudly display it in my shed/brewery/garage thats if it hasnt been lost, stolen, broken, forgotten on a train etc etc. It doesnt have to be a fancy engraved job - just a glass with a heat sealed logo on it. Either that or a round badge to put on your hat and collect them over the years.
Cheers
Steve

P.S. Sometimes I do wish I lived in Sydney.

Well Steve, you can still have a badge - it's open to all AHB'ers! The intention was to have a memento each year that we could add to our hats/shirts/bags/keyrings to show our "committment to the cause" for that year.

Franko, do you think you could work on a 2.5" round badge then with the year on it, a logo representing the crawl and a nice quip about the purpose of the day? We can work on whether it's a badge, glass, pin or patch later.

Franko, do you think you could work on a 2.5" round badge then with the year on it, a logo representing the crawl and a nice quip about the purpose of the day? We can work on whether it's a badge, glass, pin or patch later.
No worries

Im open now for some catch phrases for this year

Franko

Don't know about taglines yet....I'll give it a good thinking though - hope everyone else kicks in! Got a bit excited though looking through other options for the memento and found this......

das_boot.jpg

Can you imagine rolling up to the Lowenbrau with 30 of these?.....lol

Sorry that this hasn't progressed guys. Been very busy training for work! It can prolly still be done in time - so if anyone wants the badge idea revived - you'd better speak up now! The glass boots are a whole other thing, so they may have to be a Christmas venture......

Latest posts

Back