New - from Matakana, NZ

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumisu3

Reaction score
Just joined as this site had more discussion on using WLP800 than most other places. That yeast and I have a love/hate relationship. Getting to the point where I think I’ll just use the Budvar yeast, particularly now that I can get locally in NZ from FrothTech.

Been brewing all grain for about 18 months and after my first few brews based on all grain kits, including a Bentspoke Crankshaft IPA and a Behemoth Chur!, I immediately went off the deep end on traditional German, Czech and Austrian lagers. I pretty much only brew decoction mashes now, including even a pale ale that I did as a decoction mash which turned out quite nice I must say. Mostly I’m chasing Czech Pale Lager, a huge fan of Pilsner Urquell but also trying to perfect 10ºP pale lagers (ala Notch Desítka). I pour most of my beers through Lukr faucets which has ruined me for drinking beers outside for the most part.

Anyways, glad to have joined and hope to add some value here and there where I can.

Oh, and I brew on a Grainfather G40 which has made getting the mash in and out for decoctions way easier than the G30 I started on.

Latest posts

Back