Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1gsaw

Certified Pisswreck
Reaction score
Hey gang.
Does anyone have a reg like this? I had my first dabble at kegging this arv, and it went ordinary. I think i over carbed it to death, all im getting is foam, and hardly any carb. I followed some advice off youtube.. hmmm....
Its a soda stream set up etc.

081.JPG

can't say I've seen one like that nor am i a veteran kegger, only getting started my self. Just a couple of quick questions, what temperature is your fridge, what pressure did you carp at and how did you carb it ( did you shake it like a British Nanny)?

Hey gang.
Does anyone have a reg like this? I had my first dabble at kegging this arv, and it went ordinary. I think i over carbed it to death, all im getting is foam, and hardly any carb. I followed some advice off youtube.. hmmm....

Sounds like it isnt carbonated yet, and you have too much gas in there for serving pressure.

Leave it for at least 5 days at 4C, at around 100kpa. Then wind it right back to zero and try pouring a couple of beers.

WTF is that thing Jig. Thats a wierd looking set up. When people say shake the shit out of it, they probably should have told you to give it gentle rocking like you kind of dont like it.

How cold is ya beer?
What pressure did ya shake at?
How long did ya shake?
Did you release the pressure to 0 then turn up to pouring pressure?
How long is ya beer line?

Cheers Brad

Hey gang.

Sorry I can't help with the Regulator but IMO so many newbies to kegging over carb their beer by trying to rush carbonation & drink the beer far too early. To be brutally honest, slowly carb the beer & avoid the dramas. Set your fridge @4deg C, set your reg @ 80kpa & leave it alone for 7 days. After the full 7 days, reduce tank pressure to serving kpa, 35-80kpa & it will be great. No risk of over carbing it & around 2.4 vol/co2. Beer in the keg will taste better after week 2 so no point trying to carb up green beer & drink it within hours.

can't say I've seen one like that nor am i a veteran kegger, only getting started my self. Just a couple of quick questions, what temperature is your fridge, what pressure did you carp at and how did you carb it ( did you shake it like a British Nanny)?

Well the beer was at 4deg when i tried to carb it. I followed directions from some yank on youtube, and put 30lb of pressure in, then rock the keg for 1/4 hr on the floor. Then i reduced the pressure and burped it a few times, but the beer roars out, all foam. Most likely way over carbed.
I think im better off to do the 90g dex prime with future beers.

WTF is that thing Jig. Thats a wierd looking set up. When people say shake the shit out of it, they probably should have told you to give it gentle rocking like you kind of dont like it.

How cold is ya beer?
What pressure did ya shake at?
How long did ya shake?
Did you release the pressure to 0 then turn up to pouring pressure?
How long is ya beer line?

Cheers Brad

I wonder if the reg is meant for this job too. My knowledge of this stuff is very low.
Im thinking it was 30psi i shaked it.
15 mins of roll.
Beer line about 2 feet.
The bitter that i kegged has the same consistency of kilkenny by the time i have poured it and it settles, almost 0 carb with dense white head. Taste pretty good too, but id like to see some bubbles!

was it the same yank to shows you how to clean kegs then rebuild them..his sanitary practices are crap..forgot to wash the wrench he uses leaves on floor and reuses :icon_offtopic:

Latest posts

Back