Shanks Needed For Downey Sidebasher Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
G'day folks,

I picked up a pair of side bashers from "citymorgue2" and need some shanks to adapt these for use in a jockey box setup (same as putting them through a fridge door).

Does anyone know where I could get these for a decent price? Or anyone have some spare they are looking to get rid of? I would be willing to swap for wine aswell if interested.

Anyway they are to suit these taps:
tap.jpg

Cheers, Pok

What you are after is called a lock in tap adaptor.

Go to your nearest Andale and ask nicely, they would probably have a 2nd hand one that you would get cheaply.

http://www.andale.com.au/

What you are after is called a lock in tap adaptor.

Go to your nearest Andale and ask nicely, they would probably have a 2nd hand one that you would get cheaply.

http://www.andale.com.au/

Thanks for the idea there paul, Shame there is no local andale supplier :(

The "tap adaptor" that you mention is to suit a font. I actually have one of these but I need to be able to adapt it to a shank for fridge like mounting.

Cheers, Pok

LHBS gave me a price on an adaptor for my sidebasher $120
i wonted one to match my other tap

once i got the price i ordered 2 of the cheap micromatic style taps from the US on evilbay for $59 each so $120
sold the sidebashers i had on evilbay for $80

way better option and taps look and work awesome

On the Andale site click product catalogue, then scroll down to extension/adapters and click on it. The part that you require is there called insulated panel extension. You put your lock in adapter into this and then on goes your tap. Easy as.

On the Andale site click product catalogue, then scroll down to extension/adapters and click on it. The part that you require is there called insulated panel extension. You put your lock in adapter into this and then on goes your tap. Easy as.

Ahh ok I understand now. Might end up being a little pricey. O well if I can't use them for a decent price I'll pass them on.

thanks for the info.

Pok

sort of looks like Ross' shanks. might be worth giving him a buzz/PM and seeing if he's got something

Let me know if you work something out pok, I've got 2 of these too.

I got one of these from Andale second-hand for around $15 if memory serves me correctly. Doesn't help you if there isn't one nearby sadly.

Hmmm Somersby on the Central Coast may be an option.....shame its a bit of a drive. I might give them a call. You never know what they might offer.

Back