Braumeister Clone (UK)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nearly there, just the final internal wiring of the elements + pumps & then the leak test / operation test.
IMG_8832.jpg

IMG_8833.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

Finally got around to the last bits of wiring, fired up the thing and everything is working, just need to set a few parameters & get a brew on.

Many thanks to all those who made the controller project a goer.

Cheers

The jacket is an official one , which was gifted to me by another member, cost wise in the realm of £975.00 (sterling) as I have adapted the Malt Tube a standard BM can handle 13KG of grain with the extension to the tube I should in theory be able to use an extra 4kg thereby giving a max of 17KG.

I still need to brew with the thing to see how it handles & get data on volumes etc, the control panel is far in advance of the "old" BM unit I had, no idea about the capability of the current official one?

The extra bits I added to the panel, switches for the elements work well I will more than like have to add an additional heat sink to the power variable control as it gets rather warm. The thermometer placement is good for one element but expect it is too close to the secondary element, no idea though of where else to mount it & in practice the element might only get used from mash to boil & possible boil itself.

The bendable element (ring) is great and super low density.

Future upgrades, stainless hood & I wouldn't mind a stainless bracket for the controller, oh and Wifi please ;)

Thought I would update the thread, brewday been and gone.
The Max the Malt Tube will hold is 17Kg & with a ratio of 4.41 75l of mashing liquor the system works as it should, having the extra boiler capacity means I can brew more beer.
The hoist worked well just a few mods required, the pump and coil also did the job very well.
IMG_8905.jpg

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_8909.jpg

Latest posts

Back